To celebrate Cooper and his littermates 4th birthday on February 14, I asked the owners of Cooper’s littermates to send me a recent head and shoulders shot of their pup. I am very lucky — I now have pictures of all 10 pups that were in that litter.
Here are the ones I have, in alphabetical order:
Here are some things I know (and if anyone has any corrections, please let me know):
- Two of the pups, Cosmo and Phoebe, are new to me. What a thrill to see them at last.
- Four of them, Cooper, Gunner, Tiki, and Ziggy Stardust, have American hunting titles. Tiki is the first Irish Water Spaniel to earn a HRCH hunting title from the Hunting Retriever Club. I think Darcy and Tosca may have English and/or European hunting titles. Mowgli has had hunt test training, too.
- Five of them have working certificates: Cooper, Gunner, Tiki, and Ziggy have AKC WCs and Tosca has won three working tests in England.
- Three of them, Cooper, Darcy, and Tosca, actually hunt. Tosca regularly works picking up birds on shoots. And Mowgli’s been on a hunting trip, too.
- Three of them, Cooper, Maggie, and Mowgli, have show championships. And Tiki has been in the show ring also.
- Two of them, Cooper and Mowgli, have obedience titles: Mowgli in Obedience and Rally, Cooper in Rally. Maggie has shown in Rally also.
- Two of them, Darcy and Tosca, live in England. Gunner lives in Canada. The rest live in the US.
- Two of them, Mowgli and Phoebe, have a “leprechaun’s kiss” (i.e. the cowlick on the muzzle).
- The picture of Ziggy was actually taken on his 3rd birthday, but I loved the hat!
- All of them are beautiful.
- All of them are beloved companions.